Pages

Tuesday 15 June 2021

My Information Report on Hummingbirds

: Information Report On Hummingbirds:

Hey, I have done an Information report about hummingbirds. I have done it all myself and I had to be proud of it but I think I could have done more. I have got some information from google. I have done heaps on it but I hope it is good. My literacy class and I did this in the morning. I have done it in big paragraphs in different subtiles. 


Here is my Report:


Hummingbird:


Classification: 
A hummingbird is in the Trochilidae family which is a bird family. A Hummingbird is not a mammal that doesn't give live birth; it lays eggs like some other reptiles, birds, or other animals around it.

Habitat: 
Hummingbird's habitats are in the steamy forests of New Zealand. They normally all year sleep in trees and in the day catch food or get twigs, leaves, and other things for their nest. They are normally found high up in the trees in holes or in branches. They are found in South America in steamy places. 

Diet:
They eat little insects but eat lots at a time. They get them out of spider webs, Plucking them from bark, Getting them out of sticky sap, Off flowers, and much more. They also eat other insect eggs but they have to be little. They also eat spiders which is a surprise I thought they would have had just insects.


Appearance:
Hummingbirds all have different colors like Navy Blue, Olive green, Pink, Yellow, Red, and black. They normally have more black than any other color. They have very bright colors on their wings and body. Hummingbirds have most of the bright colors on their head. On their beak, it is always black but a really dark black.


Behavior: 
They don’t hurt you if they do, they are telling you to move because something bad is going to happen. Also when they visit you they always bring good news with them. Also, fun fact if a little bird comes to you after the death of someone you know they are telling you that you are going to heal.

Reproduction: 
Hummingbirds have about two eggs. They are separated by two days and the eggs stay in the body for about 18-24 days then they come out.

Special Features:
 A Hummingbird is the only bird that can fly backward in the whole world. They are only named hummingbirds because it's the sound they humm when they are flapping their wings when they fly. Hummingbirds don’t have any sense of smell. Their feet are only for collecting food and they can’t hop or walk with them.

Survival:
 They only survive in an area where there is food, water, and resources for them to live with so they can survive in the winter. For them, it is easy for them to survive in the winter with all the sources they gathered in the summer or in spring. 

Question: Did you know stuff about Hummingbirds even if it's in the text already and what else did I miss about them?.

Bye Have a good day/night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question